B.Bus (Acc) FIPA Tax Agent
Garry has a Bachelor of Business in Accounting from Monash University, a Public Practice Certificate, a Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA), and has been a Registered Tax Agent for over 20 years.
That’s 20+ years of Property Taxation Experience over many property cycles!
Garry specialises in property taxation and advice and is always looking to provide clients with the best possible property tax advice. Garry takes a big-picture view of the property industry, assisting clients to navigate their property wealth journey is rewarding and tax-effective.
“I’m a fee-for-service advisor, I don’t charge or get commissions from developers, and I don’t offer so-called free property advice in the hope of selling you something to get a commission. I look to be objective in all the property tax and wealth advice I provide. All fees charged are fully disclosed upfront.”
Questions that we can help answer:
- How to start and structure a property development
- Tax Considerations on a Small Subdivision – Splitter Block.
- Tax Planning around flipping or renovating properties.
- Should I sell or hold? and which property would be best to sell?
- What will be the capital gains tax if I sell?, or how can I reduce the effects of CGT?
- What is the best ownership structure to minimise tax, and or provide asset protection?
- Should I rent out my old house or sell and buy a new one?
- Have I maximised by tax deductions on my investment properties?
- What are the tax implications of buying an investment property overseas?
- What are the tax implications if I move overseas, do I need to pay capital gains tax now or when I sell?
- What are the tax implications if I subdivide my large residential home block?
- GST – Margin Scheme – Financial Tug of War if you are in the business of buying & selling real property
- What is the before and after-tax cash flow on my existing or proposed investment property purchase?
Garry and the team have worked with first-time investors right through to seasoned developers and professional property investors over many years.
Umbrella Accountants sees every property tax return as an chance to provide proactive advice on clients’ strategies, structures, and tax opportunities.